Close this search box.
Fillmore Spencer Utah Attorneys

Can I appeal a denied visa or green card application?

Yes, in most cases, you can appeal a denied visa or green card application. However, the specific appeal process will depend on the agency that denied your application and the reason for the denial.

If your application was denied by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you may be able to appeal the decision to the USCIS Administrative Appeals Office (AAO). The AAO reviews decisions made by USCIS officers to ensure they were consistent with the law and USCIS policy. The AAO does not conduct new interviews or consider new evidence, but rather reviews the evidence and record already in the case file.

If your application was denied by the U.S. Department of State, you may be able to request an advisory opinion from the Visa Office, which will review the case and provide guidance to the consular officer who made the decision. In some cases, you may be able to file a lawsuit challenging the decision in federal court.

It is important to note that the appeal process can be complex and time-consuming, and it is important to have the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney throughout the process. An attorney can help you understand the reason for the denial, your options for appeal, and the best strategy for moving forward.

Remember, this information is not a substitute for legal advice. If you have specific questions or concerns, set up free consultation with a Fillmore Spencer Attorney who has expertise in , .
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

Provo Law Office

Murray Law Office

St. George Law Office