Close this search box.

How do I report a workplace injury or illness? 

If you are injured or become ill as a result of your work, it is important to report the injury or illness to your employer as soon as possible. In Utah, you must report the injury or illness to your employer within 180 days in order to be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. 

To report a workplace injury or illness, follow these steps: 

1. Notify your employer: Tell your employer about the injury or illness as soon as possible. This can be done verbally or in writing. Make sure to provide details about how the injury occurred and the symptoms you are experiencing. 

2. Seek medical attention: If your injury or illness requires immediate medical attention, seek medical treatment right away. Your employer may have a designated healthcare provider that you should see for treatment. 

3. Fill out a workers’ compensation claim form: Your employer should provide you with a workers’ compensation claim form to fill out. Be sure to provide accurate and complete information on the form. 

4. Submit the claim form: Once you have filled out the claim form, submit it to your employer or their workers’ compensation insurance carrier. 

5. Follow up: Follow up with your employer or their insurance carrier to make sure that your claim is being processed and to get updates on the status of your claim. 

It is important to report your injury or illness as soon as possible to ensure that you are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits and to protect your rights under the law. If you have questions about how to report a workplace injury or illness, or if your claim has been denied, it is recommended to consult with an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. 

Remember, this information is not a substitute for legal advice. If you have specific questions or concerns, set up free consultation with a Fillmore Spencer Attorney who has expertise in .
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

Provo Law Office

Murray Law Office

St. George Law Office