Close this search box.
Fillmore Spencer Utah Attorneys

What type of visa or immigration status should I apply for?

The type of visa or immigration status you should apply for will depend on your individual circumstances, such as your purpose for coming to the United States, your qualifications, and the length of time you plan to stay. Here are some common types of visas and immigration statuses:

  1. B-1/B-2 visitor visa: for people coming to the U.S. temporarily for business or pleasure.
  2. F-1 student visa: for students coming to the U.S. to study at an academic institution.
  3. H-1B work visa: for individuals coming to the U.S. to work in a specialty occupation.
  4. L-1 intracompany transferee visa: for employees of multinational companies who are transferred to a U.S. office.
  5. EB-5 immigrant investor visa: for individuals who invest a certain amount of money in a U.S. business and create jobs.
  6. Family-based immigration: for family members of U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
  7. Asylum: for individuals who are fleeing persecution or fear of persecution in their home country.
  8. Refugee status: for individuals who are outside of their home country and unable or unwilling to return due to a well-founded fear of persecution based on their race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.

Consulting with an immigration attorney can help you determine which visa or immigration status is right for you based on your individual circumstances.

Remember, this information is not a substitute for legal advice. If you have specific questions or concerns, set up free consultation with a Fillmore Spencer Attorney who has expertise in .
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

Provo Law Office

Murray Law Office

St. George Law Office