Do I have to file a lawsuit to get insurance to pay for medical care after a “slip and fall” accident in Utah?

No, you do not necessarily have to file a lawsuit to get insurance to pay for medical care after a slip and fall accident in Utah. If the accident occurred on someone else’s property, such as a store or business, you may be able to seek compensation through the property owner’s liability insurance.

To seek compensation, you would typically need to file a claim with the property owner’s insurance company. The insurance company will investigate the claim and may offer you a settlement to cover your medical expenses and other damages resulting from the accident.

If the insurance company denies your claim or offers an inadequate settlement, you may need to consider filing a personal injury lawsuit to seek compensation. However, filing a lawsuit is not always necessary and can often be avoided through settlement negotiations or alternative dispute resolution methods.

If you are unsure about your legal rights or how to seek compensation for your injuries, it’s important to consult with a personal injury attorney who can guide you through the legal process and help you understand your options for seeking compensation. They can also help you negotiate with insurance companies or pursue legal action if necessary.

Remember, this information is not a substitute for legal advice. If you have specific questions or concerns, set up free consultation with a Fillmore Spencer Attorney who has expertise in .
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest

Provo Law Office

Murray Law Office

St. George Law Office